I recently stumbled upon this quote by John Wooden, one of basketball's great coaches. (He won 10 NCAA championships in 12 years)
"I always tried to make clear that basketball is not the ultimate. It is of small importance in comparison to the total life we live. There is only one kind of life that truly wins, and that is the one that places faith in the hands of the Savior. Until that is done, we are on an aimless course that runs in circles and goes nowhere."
Here is a man who is a "winner" in the eyes of other men, yet he realizes that all of his titles are meaningless if not for his faith in Jesus Christ.
If there is one thing I can say to you in this first post, it is this: know and rely on Jesus. Do not run in circles and go nowhere. May your course have aim, an aim on the one infinitely greater than yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment